Barrage 2019 will be held 27-28 September 2019
in Havre de Grace, MD.
Barrage will be two days again this year!
Registration for GMs, vendors, flea markets, and participants will open in July 2019. Stay tuned.
Barrage began as a one-day mini-convention run by the Harford Area Weekly Kriegspielers (HAWKs). For the past few years Barrage has been held at the community center in Havre de Grace, Maryland, about 30 minutes north of Baltimore. This venue is convenient from I-95, has plenty of parking, is well lit, and is comfortable.
Barrage is a low-stress event, focusing on having fun with miniatures games of many different genres, scales, and sets of rules. In the past we’ve had a half dozen dealers, a few flea market tables, as many as 200 attendees, and thirty or more miniatures games. In 2012 we added a Flames of War tournament, sponsored by the I-95 gamers. In 2014 we added an ancient tournament. Beginning in 2016, the HAWKs took the bold step to grow Barrage into a two-day event. But none of this growth has detracted from the congenial atmosphere of Barrage.
We encourage you to set aside time on your calendar to participate in Barrage both Friday and Saturday. Bring your friends. Bring your children, because the HAWKs generally offer many kid-friendly games throughout Barrage. If you feel so inclined, we encourage you to sign up to run a game. But mostly we encourage you to come and enjoy the camaraderie of tabletop miniatures gaming with others from around the region.
Vendors who have already signed up for Barrage. More will be added soon.
- Age of Glory (https://www.ageofglory.com)
- Wee Wolf Miniatures (Don Hauser, formerly Footsore minis) (https://weewolfminiatures.com/)
- Studio Bergstrom (https://studiobergstrom.com/index.php?route=common/home)
- B&V Traders (https://www.bvtraders.com/)
For those who are interested, here are the dates and locations of previous Barrage gaming days:
- 1996 Aberdeen Proving Ground Rec Center
- 1997 Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- 1998 Grove Church, Aberdeen Proving Ground
- 1999 Fish and Gun Club
- 2000-2002 Perry Hall Community Hall
- 2003 none (shifted from Sept to January in the next year)
- 2004-2011 Archbishop Curley cafeteria
- 2012 to Present — Havre de Grace Community Center
This year we will have LittleWarsTV in attendance to provide an event recap video.